Sally’s latest book, The Healthy Vegetable Garden published in September.
In The Healthy Vegetable Garden, organic gardener Sally Morgan explains how to use natural approaches to cope with the challenges of a changing climate through principles from regenerative gardening, agroecology, and permaculture—all to help your green space thrive.
The Healthy Vegetable Garden shows you how to:
- Combat disease and keep pests at bay with natural predators, companion planting, and trap and barrier crops
- Choose the right plants to attract pollinators and pest predators
- Build a healthy soil full of organic matter, earthworms, and mycorrhizal fungi
- Regenerate soil through no-dig practices, composting, cover crops, and mulching
- Boost biodiversity through the use of crop rotations and polyculture
- Rewild your garden by creating a range of habitats, making use of walls and fences, log piles, water features, and wild corners
- Understand plant defences and use biocontrols
- Make natural barriers, traps, and lures
A healthy, productive garden should work in harmony with nature to produce and protect delicious fruits and vegetables and build a rich soil that is full of life. With The Healthy Vegetable Garden, growers of all levels will start reducing incidents of pests and diseases while creating a verdant habitat—all without the need for artificial fertilizers and pesticides.
Publishes 2 September 224 pages Publisher Chelsea Green ISBN 9781645020646
You can buy your signed copy directly from Sally here : https://www.climatechangegarden.uk/product/the-healthy-vegetable-garden/
The price is £17 which includes UK post and packing and a free pack of flower seeds for your veg plot.
Unfortunately she cannot send to book to overseas addresses so please contact your local bookshop.